How to Refer
Click on the relevant PDF links below to complete a VSG referral form. You can return referral forms to us via email, fax or post.
Important Information regarding referrals:
- Please include the owner’s full contact details. All animal details together with relevant history including bloods and radiographs (if available) should also be included. This is to ensure that your client is booked with the correct team and will assist our specialists to be fully informed prior to meeting with the owner and patient
- If your client requires an urgent referral (same day emergency consult) please send relevant history and call VSG reception 09 845 5455 to advise the urgency. Our reception team will pass to the correct team, to ensure your clients are seen on the same day. Otherwise, once the client history has been assessed, if alternatives need to be organised, we will call your clinic back to advise
- If your referral is not urgent you may send through relevant history and note that your client prefers to call and organise an appointment time themselves. (Please note that VSG® Reception will always call your client as soon as referral history is received unless advised otherwise.)
- Advise your client to bring their animal and any other relevant data for their appointment ie: video or photos*
- At the consultation, your client will be given options and associated costs
- The animal may be admitted for further evaluation where deemed necessary
- At the time of discharge or prior, the owner will be advised of findings and a course of action
- You will receive a written report via email or fax, advising you of the findings and course of action
- If follow-up consultations are necessary, you will also receive ongoing reports regarding these.
* With regards to radiology outpatients, the owner will be requested to drop off the animal at a particular time. At drop off, a pick up time may be advised or will be advised later in the day. The owner will not see the specialist, but a report will be emailed or faxed to the referring veterinarian the same day.
Please note all accounts are to be paid on discharge, VSG does not extend credit.